USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Our primary goal in collecting your personal data is to serve you better. This includes providing you with services that you have requested, e.g., notify you of the details of your room reservation; and contacting you for feedback after the provision of our services.
We may also use your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to our business, such as, amongst others:
- complying with our legal obligations and requirements;
- enforcing obligations owed to us;
- research into the development of new products and services or improvement of our existing products and services;
- accounting, risk management and record keeping;
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; and
- staff training.
If you have consented, we may use your personal data for the purposes of marketing our products and services, and those of our strategic partners and business associates (including hotels and restaurants in the Meritus group) for marketing and communication purposes, e.g., informing you of our latest activities, special offers and promotions. In order for us to market products and services which are of special interest and relevance to you, we may analyse and rely on your overall interaction with us (such as, but not limited to, your participation in promotions or events and your interactions with us).
If you have contacted us with any complaints, feedback, comments or suggestions, we may use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to you.
When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail, fax, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other means.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not sell your data to third parties.
If you have consented to receiving marketing information from us, our strategic partners and business associates, we will be disclosing your personal data to them. They will use your personal data only for the purposes you have consented to.
You agree that we may disclose or share your personal data with third parties who provide necessary services to us, such as:
- service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services such as hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, marketing etc.; and
- our consultants and professional advisers (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors).
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in order to comply with legal obligations or industry requirements. This includes disclosures to legal, regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities.
You fully understand and unambiguously consent that we may transfer your personal data to any location outside of Singapore for the purposes set out above. When transferring your personal data outside of Singapore we will protect your personal data to a standard comparable to the protection accorded to your personal data under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 by ensuring that the recipient is either in a jurisdiction which has comparable data protection laws, or is contractually bound to protect your personal data.
All information gathered is stored in our secure servers and all precautions will be taken to ensure that the information you provide is protected against unauthorised or unintended access. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
To unsubscribe from all our marketing communication lists, please fill out and email us this form.
Meritus Hotels & Resorts
Mandarin Orchard Singapore
Marina Mandarin Singapore
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
Please refer below for the Personal Date Protection Protection Notice applicable to Malaysia
All requests for correction or for access to your personal data must be in writing to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will endeavor to respond to your request within 30 days, and if that is not possible, we will inform you of the time by which we will respond to you.
We may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. We may also decline any request that you may make if the law permits us to do so.
In many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require.
We may charge you a fee for responding to your request for access to the personal data which we hold about you, or for information about the ways in which we have (or may have) used your personal data. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received.
MERITUS PELANGI BEACH RESORT & SPA, LANGKAWI
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
By signifying your consent to us in writing, you consent to Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi (“Meritus Pelangi”), a resort owned by Tradewinds Corporation, processing personal data as provided by you, which may include personal data that relates to your identity (including your name, title, National Registration Identification Card / Passport details, gender, nationality, marital status and date of birth); your contact information (including your telephone numbers, email and mailing addresses). This would extend to all forms of information collated during your stay in relations to personal data.
However, in view that this information is not mandatory, you may opt not to provide us with this information.
Where applicable, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to facilitate your reservation and all other processes, including the registration process, in relation to your stay at our Resort;
- for general contact purposes;
- for billing and payment purposes;
- for verification, security and access;
- for internal administrative purposes including auditing, accounting, tax and data analysis;
- for maintenance of customer databases and customer service related purposes;
- to respond to any enquiries and complaints, including to obtain feedback;
- to issue official proposal or confirmation for events;
- to comply with legislative and statutory requirements;
- to protect or enforce our rights including to recover any debt owing to us;
- to investigate complaints and suspected suspicious transactions;
- for general administrative and management purposes; and
- for all other purposes in relation or incidental to the above
Where you have consented, we will use your personal information to communicate with you regarding:
- our events, functions, room promotions, and food and beverage dining promotions; and
- third party services and/or products which we feel may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for such communications, or if you would like to change your mind on a previous consent you have given, please contact us at +604-952 8888 or by writing to us at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, Pantai Cenang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah. Your latest written instructions to us will be honoured.
Your information is necessary to us. Unless stated otherwise, all information requested by Meritus Pelangi is obligatory. If you do not provide and/or allow us to process all the obligatory information as requested, we will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting our ability to accomplish the above stated purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those within and outside Malaysia):
- agents, contractors, vendors and service providers (including but not limited to professional, financial and/or payment service providers) that provide services including data processing services relating to the purposes above;
- your agents and advisors (including but not limited to professional advisers) and any other person notified by and authorised by you;
- government agencies / statutory bodies / authorities;
- our assignees or potential assignees, acquirers or potential acquirers and successors-in-title;
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential;
- Meritus Pelangi’s related and associated companies and affiliates; and
- other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
We may also disclose your personal data (within and outside Malaysia) in good faith, (i) to comply with requirements of the government, law enforcement agency, any authorities to whom Meritus Pelangi is subject to or any orders of court; (ii) as is necessary or relevant in relation to any legal process; or (iii) if required or authorised by law.
ACCESS, CORRECTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you would like to make any enquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact our Personal Data Officer at +604-9528888, fax +604-9528899 or email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall be honoured.