This is Singapore’s oldest museum and dates back to 1849. It moved to its current and permanent home on Stamford Road in 1887. It is home to many extremely important artefacts from Singapore’s history, including the Singapore Stone, the Gold Ornaments of the Sacred Hill, Munshi Abdullah’s last will and testament and Tan Jiak Kim’s hearse.

The museum also dedicates half of its space to Singapore Living Galleries which include artefacts and exhibitions about the worlds of food, fashion, film, wayang and photography. These living galleries really help visitors get to grips with Singapore’s past and present in an engaging and interesting way.

Address: 93 Stamford Road, Singapore, 178897
Tel: +65 6332 3659 / 5642
Opening Hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm