Personal Data Collection Statement
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- By downloading, browsing, accessing or using the Meritus Hospitality App (“Mobile Application”), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. We at Meritus International Pte Ltd (”Meritus”) reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If you disagree with any of these Terms and Conditions of Use, you must immediately discontinue your access to the Mobile Application and your use of the services offered on the Mobile Application. Continued use of the Mobile Application will constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use, as may be amended from time to time.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. However, we do not guarantee that the Services or the Mobile Application will be free of faults, and we do not accept liability for any such faults, errors or omissions.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute, suspend or remove without notice any information or Services on the Mobile Application from time to time. Your access to the Mobile Application and/or the Services may also be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore such access as soon as we reasonably can. For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to withdraw any information or Services from the Mobile Application at any time.
- We reserve the right to block access to and/or to edit or remove any material which in our reasonable opinion may give rise to a breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
2 | Disclaimer and Exclusion of Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all representations and warranties relating to the Mobile Application and its contents, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in the Mobile Application.
- We do not warrant that the Mobile Application will always be accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, error free or free from computer virus or other invasive or damaging code or that the Mobile Application will not be affected by any acts of God or other force majeure events, including inability to obtain or shortage of necessary materials, equipment facilities, power or telecommunications, lack of telecommunications equipment or facilities and failure of information technology or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
- While we may use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Mobile Application, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, timeliness or completeness.
- We shall not be liable for any acts or omissions of any third parties howsoever caused, and for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, howsoever caused, resulting from or in connection with the mobile application and the services offered in the mobile application, your access to, use of or inability to use the mobile application or the services offered in the mobile application, reliance on or downloading from the mobile application and/or services, or any delays, inaccuracies in the information or in its transmission including but not limited to damages for loss of business or profits, use, data or other intangible, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- We shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise howsoever and whatever the cause thereof, for any indirect, consequential, collateral, special or incidental loss or damage suffered or incurred by you in connection with the Mobile Application and these Terms and Conditions of Use. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions of Use, indirect or consequential loss or damage includes, without limitation, loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings or business, loss of data or goodwill, loss of use or value of any equipment including software, claims of third parties, and all associated and incidental costs and expenses.
- The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded or limited are affected.
- Notwithstanding our efforts to ensure that our system is secure, you acknowledge that all electronic data transfers are potentially susceptible to interception by others. We cannot, and do not, warrant that data transfers pursuant to the Mobile Application, or electronic mail transmitted to and from us, will not be monitored or read by others.
3 | Indemnity
- You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any claim, action, suit or proceeding brought or threatened to be brought against us which is caused by or arising out of (a) your use of the Services, (b) any other party’s use of the Services using your user credentials, or any other verifying credential, and/or (c) your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions of Use, and to pay us damages, costs and interest in connection with such claim, action, suit or proceeding.
4 | Intellectual Property Rights
- All editorial content, information, photographs, illustrations, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks on the Mobile Application are protected by copyright laws and/or other laws and/or international treaties, and belong to Meritus and/or our vendors, as the case may be. These works, logos, graphics, sounds or images may not be copied, reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, disseminated, sold, published, broadcasted or circulated whether in whole or in part, unless expressly permitted by Meritus and/or our vendors, as the case may be.
- We will not hesitate to take legal action against any unauthorised usage of our trademarks, name or symbols to preserve and protect its rights in the matter. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Other product and company names mentioned herein may also be the trademarks of their respective owners.
5 | Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- The Mobile Application can be accessed from all countries around the world where the local technology permits. As each of these places would have differing laws, by accessing the Mobile Application you agree that the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of the Mobile Application.
- You accept and agree that both you and we shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore in respect of any dispute arising out of and/or in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.